Work Experience Students
Welcome to Millcroft Veterinary Group.
We believe it is important to give appropriate encouragement and guidance to anyone who wants to work in the veterinary sector.
We offer work experience placements to school students who show enthusiasm and have a genuine desire to become either a vet or vet nurse.
School students who would like to be considered for a work placement should apply in writing to Hazel Sharp at our Cockermouth surgery. You should include a brief CV and a covering letter stating:
· When you would like to come.
· What area of veterinary care you are interested in – vet or vet nursing.
· What other experience you have had – working on farms, at kennels, in stables, at other vet practices, etc.
· What you hope to gain from your time with us.
School students who are accepted should note the following:
· You should wear smart, clean, practical clothing and footwear – no jeans, no trainers or high heeled shoes.
· You should wear no jewellery.
· You should bring a clean waterproof coat and clean wellington boots if you want to see farm and equine work.
· You may be asked to help out with various tasks such as cleaning, tidying, walking dogs, etc.
· You will be asked to turn off your mobile phone except during breaks and at lunchtime.
· Please do as instructed by the vets and other staff.
· (If you have any health or medical problems that may cause problems while you are with us you should let us know before you come)
We look forward to seeing you.